Instructions for assembly and use of 3D-printed masks
GRAND BLANC, MI – April 15, 2020 – The following are instructions for use and care of 3D-printed masks. For maximum respiratory protection, ensuring a proper seal against your face is important.
For Inital Fitting
- Choose one of 3 sizes for best fit.
- Shave facial hair (sorry Magnum, P.I.).
- Put mask on then use a hair dryer to gently heat plastic and mold mask to face contours (focus on nose area and creating a good seal to face).
- Apply weather-stripping, foam, or other gasket material along mask edge as needed.
- Remove front “window pane” and install new filter material at regular intervals based on usage and exposure.
- Insert new filter and “window pane” from the outside and press firmly to ensure a tight seal.
- Disinfect plastic every time take off face mask (wipe or spray).
- Check elastic bands for tears or loose knots.
- Try to minimize talking and smiling to maintain good seal to face.
- Emergency use device
- Good samaritan masks, use at own risk
- Your first line of defense: stay home
- Your last line of defense: this mask
- N95 masks
- High quality, disposable, anti-allergen, HEPA Vacuum Bags
- MERV-16 (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) furnace filters
Please make sure the filter material you use is safe and does not contain fiber glass or other harmful materials.
The links below are a modification of the mask with a bigger grill.
We believe in feedback and continuous improvement. To provide us with suggestions please call us at 248-877-1336.